Possible my favourite thing that I’ve baked (so it deserves it’s own post) has to be when I made a Double-Rainbow Cake – encased in white butter-cream icing, so that the surprise is hidden before the big reveal!
- Step 1: Make yourself a standard cake-mix, divide it into 6 different bowls and add the colours. (My orange wasn’t orangey enough.)
- Step 2: Pour the bowls into your pre-prepared tins – making sure you get the order correct.
- Step 3: Bake according to the standard recipe. Mine took a little longer, so maybe leave it in longer and keep checking with a skewer.
- Step 4: Fill and cover the cake with white buttercream to complete the illusion.
- Step 5: Get somebody else to make the first cut.
- Step 7: Cut enough slices to a) reveal the wonder, & b) enjoy.